LEM’s edible Natural Casings make juicier, tender sausage. They provide a distinctive “pop” when you bite into sausage stuffed in natural casings. These casings should be rinsed in warm water several times, then soaked in water for one hour until soft and pliable. Always refrigerate your natural casings after the bag has been opened. For proper storage, cover casings with salt, place them in an airtight container, and refrigerate them. Properly salted and refrigerated casings should last a year.
- Approximate Stuffed Weight: Hog Casings 8 oz. (32 – 35mm): 20 – 25 lbs.
- Use for: brats, franks or metts
- Casing Size: 32 – 35mm (1-1/4″ – 1-1/2″)
- Available in 8oz. bag or 1 Hank
- Preparation: Soak at least 1 hour in clear, warm water, change water regularly
- Cooking Method: broil, grill or fry